Application Security Architect
Our Illinois client is looking for an enthusiastic, innovative Application Security Architect to help facilitate and drive the successful design, development and implementation of several key application security projects. The Application Security Architect will help transform the core platform to meet the future needs of clients, and build security frameworks and security solutions and services for use by client facing application teams.
This position will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and methodologies, including Spring, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Agile/Lean methodologies, etc. In addition, the role will provide excellent exposure to key resources across the bank.
Application Security Architect Responsibilities
- Create security patterns, frameworks, and libraries that can be easily incorporated into new and existing applications
- Collaborate with application architects to understand their goals, objectives and pain points, and devise strong solutions to address them securely, effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate with Information Security Architecture, Infrastructure and Technology Risk organizations as needed to recommend strong solutions
- Work with Lead Architect on major design decisions. Work closely with developers on their designs and give advice as needed.
- As subject area expert, provide comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners
- Ensure the creation and deployment of sound solution designs and minimize the company’s overall “technical debt” by making informed, deliberate, and pragmatic decisions concerning the various factors involved.
Application Security Architect Qualifications
- Minimum 7 years IT experience with at least three of those years focused on Application Security
- In-depth understanding of information security and software development.
- Understand the technology stack: Spring Framework, including Spring Security, Spring Integration, Spring Boot/Cloud, Oracle 12c. Pivotal Cloud Foundry a plus
- Understand Application Security: basic knowledge of OWASP Top 10 Vulnerabilities and solutions for resolving/preventing, Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC), Authorization.
- Experience in static analysis tools like SonarCube, FindBugs, PMD, etc
- Rest API Development
- Java/JEE and Web-based development
- Maven or Gradle or similar tool
- JSON, AJAX, JDBC, JPA/ORM framework
- Understand cloud architectures as well as how to architect a 12 factor application (12factor.net)
- Understand architectures of highly scalable, highly available and high-performance applications.
- Excellent communication and analysis skills are a must. A key part of this role will be working closely with application architects from other teams to understand their needs, determine a secure solution, and then communicate this solution back to architects to drive secure application solutions.
For more information or to apply, please contact Marge: email@example.com or 603-778-9090