Automation Test Engineer
Our Missouri client is looking for an Automation Test Engineer to lead the design, build, test and maintenance of scalable and stable off-the-shelf applications or custom-built technology solutions to meet business needs. The Automation Test Engineer will act as a subject matter expert for Application Analysts, Application Software Developers and Engineers.
Automation Test Engineer Responsibilities
- Lead a group of testers and work as part of the scrum teams to develop software applications from inception through completion
- Responsible for overall design and execution of the testing solution
- Write and maintain clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases (automation and manual) for functional, integration, and regression testing
- Design and develop reusable Test Automation Framework to automate testing of web-based applications
- Convert existing manual testing into automation testing
- Perform functional, integration, regression, smoke and ad-hoc testing on new and existing features
- Document software defects with clear and detailed description using Jira; provide daily status reports of testing progress and issues
- Analyze data to identify and resolve problems
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Apply, develop, and maintain quality assurance standards, techniques and procedures
- Collaborate with the scrum teams to identify continuous improvement opportunities around quality and automation
- Research tools, methods, and technology trends to support organizational testing strategy
- Participate in all aspects of the Agile process (Daily meetings, Grooming, Planning, Retrospective and Demos)
- Support DevOps implementation
Automation Test Engineer Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Experience as a project lead, software quality assurance testing, and an expert in writing and executing test automation scripts.
- Strong knowledge of version control systems such as SVN.
- Expertise in SQL data retrieval from a relational database.
- Demonstrated knowledge of test methodologies, testing frameworks, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging.
- Experience converting from manual testing into automation testing.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
Preferred qualifications of the Automation Test Engineer
- Experience with Ranorex, Selenium, qTest, Postman, Ready API, Jenkins, Teradata/Oracle/Mongo DB, Bitbucket, GitHub, Python, Go
- Testing on Pega applications
- Healthcare experience
We regret that sponsorship is not available for this position.