Our FL client is looking for a BI Developer-Analyst who will work on improving reporting and determining how to transition current jobs (SSIS, SSRS) to a reporting tool that allows users to be more self-sufficient and to pull data on demand vs having to request data extracts.
The company will also be looking at migrating selected stored procedure processes to a non-database batch submission approach. The Business Intelligence Developer-Analyst assists with the development/implementation of new reporting tools developing data extract/load jobs, building/packaging data for sharing (exact tools to be determined). The BI Developer-Analyst will be tasked with working within SQL, building data extracts, loading jobs and building reports.
BI Developer-Analyst Responsibilities
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Be responsible for overall design of the solution
- Design, build and test applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Be self-driven and take a problem statement through all steps of requirements, functional specifications, design, and development
- Comfortable with interacting with non-technical end-users to identify needs and requirements
BI Developer-Analyst Requirements
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred
- Experience with SQL.
- Advanced working knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools, including: MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos or SAS.
- Experience with UNIX
- Development knowledge/experience building data ETL jobs using any well-known ETL tool
- Experience with various databases, with Teradata, Oracle or SQL Server preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
BI Developer-Analyst Requirements Preferred Skills
- Working in a mixed BI/reporting and DW development team
- Development knowledge/experience building reports using common GUI-based report development tools (Business Objects, Cognos)
- Able to build complex queries based on business logic – and comfortable converting business logic into data-specific logic
- Enjoys full-spectrum of scope/design/develop/deploy activities of a BI/DW environment
- Comfortable and knowledgeable in creating design/develop documentation
- Experience in all aspects of BI/DW design and delivery: source data analysis, table design, data loading, query design, report design/development
We regret that visa sponsorship and relocation assistance are not available.
For more information or to apply, please contact Marge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-778-9090.