Business Risk Services Manager
The Business Risk Services Manager is responsible for all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing engagements related to Service Organization Controls readiness reviews and audits; and developing and managing staff. The Business Risk Services Manager works closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development and is responsible for an assigned group of clients.
Business Risk Services Manager Responsibilities
- Plan, conduct and help manage Service Organization Controls readiness assessments. Assess the design of controls, the fair representation of controls, and testing of controls as of a point in time and over a period of time.
- Projects may also include internal audit and/or other control related engagements.
- Manage, direct, and monitor client services teams on multiple engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete engagements in a wide variety of industries; and manage to budget.
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Develop a project vision and set challenging personal and client service team goals.
- Work with teams and the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address process and technology-related controls risks.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, lead change efforts and cross sell services..
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business, process and technology improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance. Coach associates in developing and achieving goals and objectives
Business Risk Services Manager Requirements:
- Three to five years of progressive experience in public accounting or equivalent delivering and managing related audit services with experience in a medium- to large-sized public accounting firm. One year recent experience providing SOC services and experience leading audit engagement teams as the lead senior.
- Mastered the processes of preparing engagement working papers, and is able to teach others.
- Experience performing financial, operational, and system audits, as well as business process control reviews.
- Strong experience in staff and audit management in an integrated client service team.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MIS or another business degree. A Masters degree is a plus.
- CPA designation preferred. Other relevant designations such as CISA are a plus.
- Travel domestically as needed. Around 60%
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
- Audit, internal audit, IT audit, security experience or training and/or Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 experience.
- Practice development experience.
For more information on the Business Risk Services Manager role, please contact Randy Barron at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-778-9090
We regret that sponsorship is not available for this position