Controls Advisory IT Manager
The Controls Advisory IT Manager is responsible for all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Functions include planning, directing, and completing internal audits, information technology control reviews, activities related to Sarbanes-Oxley 404 internal control projects; and developing and managing staff. The Controls Advisory IT Manager works closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development as well as being responsible for an assigned group of clients.
Controls Advisory IT Manager Responsibilities
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project economics and financials, quality review and client management
- Assist clients in applying key frameworks such as COBIT, NIST & ISO
- Lead IT risk assessments ranging from internal audits, system implementations and specialized IT areas (security, basis, access provisioning, etc.)
- Lead and execute IT audits and IT SOX engagements
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Manage the evaluation and testing of IT processes and system controls and identification of areas of risk.
- Manage internal auditing outsourcing and co-sourcing engagements for clients.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
Controls Advisory IT Manager Qualifications
- 6 to 10 years of related work experience in a similar public consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
- CISA, CISSP, CIA or CISM license/certification.
- Experience performing technology risk assessments and audits, operational internal audits, as well as process control reviews.
- Areas of expertise should include at least some of the following: access control software, security architecture and administration, Internet use/firewalls, network security awareness and enforcement, security policies and standards, database security auditing, operating systems (Windows, UNIX, AS400).
- Strong experience in staff and audit management in an integrated client service team.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis to clients as required.
- Good familiarity with IIA’s standards
- Practice development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
For more information on the Controls Advisory IT Manager role, please contact Randy Barron at email@example.com or 603-778-9090
We regret that sponsorship is not available for this position