Controls Advisory Manager
The Controls Advisory Manager manages, directs, and monitors client services teams on multiple engagements in a wide variety of companies
Controls Advisory Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage, direct, and monitor client services teams on multiple engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete internal audits, business process control reviews, and other service offerings in a wide variety of organizations and industries
- Review operational, financial, and technology processes to provide management with an individual assessment of business risk, internal control, and the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the process as well as the risks associated with Sarbanes-Oxley as it pertains to internal controls
- Work closely with clients and staff to develop client and project risk assessments, implement opportunities, and recommendations regarding business and IT process optimization, profit improvement, internal control, and compliance
- Work with internal audit and outside firm assurance teams and the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Manage the evaluation and testing of business processes and business controls and identification of areas of risk
- Perform quality assurance reviews on internal audit departments
- Manage internal auditing outsourcing and co-sourcing engagements for clients. Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material to meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
Controls Advisory Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA, CIA or similar certification required.
- Experience performing financial, operational, and system internal audits, as well as business process control reviews and internal control
- Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology, a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior relevant public consulting experience preferred
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
For more information on the Controls Advisory Manager role please contact Randy: email@example.com or 603-778-9090
We regret that sponsorship is not available for this position