Our client is looking for a local Controls Engineer for their Greater Pittsburgh PA location. This is a full-time position; relocation assistance is not available.
Control Engineer Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facility expert on automation and controls, including robotics, PLC maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, problem solve, test and commission electrical controls for various plant capital projects
- Lead and participate in Lean Kaizen events utilizing Lean tools and methodologies and in Six Sigma process improvement projects utilizing DMAIC methodology.
- Manage cost reduction efforts including global sourcing of components and processes, and redesign of products and components through Value Added/Value Engineering (VA/VE) methodologies.
- Assist new product development engineering with integration of new products, both buy/sell and internally manufactured, into production. Responsibilities include manufacturing feasibility and process development, COGS models, pre-production/prototype/acceptance runs, SOP’s, etc.
- Project management of implementation of new manufacturing processes including capital equipment justification and purchase contract development.
- Develop and document written standard operating procedures and methods on manufacturing processes; document and train production personnel.
- Assist maintenance department with development and control of preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Assist tooling department with tooling control process development and implementation related to manufacturing equipment to optimize tooling design and usage.
- Participate in Process and Supplier Material Review Board (MRB) and daily Lean Management (CIOS) meetings.
- Work within QBS requirements and ISO 9000 standards.
Control Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering required.
- 5-7 years’ experience with manufacturing process improvement, new product introduction, machinery and documentation.
- Electrical problem solving skills including familiarity with PLC’s, Motor Drives, and Ladder Logic.
- Experience with Six Sigma Lean methodologies and Kaizen improvement events. Six Sigma Greenbelt certification highly desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general mechanical engineering and mechanical design principles and practices, including tooling design. 3D design experience desired.
- Experience in metal forming/welding, tubing industry and high-volume manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Project management experience in product development and manufacturing environments.
- Practical industrial engineering experience in a high-volume assembly and manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office or equivalent software. Experience with Microsoft Project software and Solidworks is a plus.
For more information on the Controls Engineer, please contact Marge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-778-9090
We apologize as sponsorship is not available for this position.