Embedded Software Engineer
Our Pennsylvania client is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer. Work with a team of engineers to deliver innovation for customers throughout the world, making an impact every day. Contribute to the design and development of distributed control software within a robotic compounding device. Be responsible for ensuring that the design and implementation are robust, maintainable, and meet requirements.
Embedded Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work within the team to build product deliverables based on overall architecture direction
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand business requirements
- Work in an Agile environment implementing software for specific requirements or applications within a medical device environment, following validated development processes.
- Develop clear and readable code
- Create unit, functional, and integration testing environments or components and root cause analyses (replicate, debug) for simple to moderately complex features.
- Participate in team retrospectives to improve the software development process
- Troubleshoot problems with existing or newly-developed software
- Mentor junior engineers to help with their careers and skill
Embedded Software Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other engineering field of study with programming course work
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software engineering using Java, C and/or C++
- Great communication skills
Embedded Software Engineer Preferred Experience:
- Machine automation
- Medical device software development
- FDA 510K process
- Low-level embedded systems and “bare metal” coding
- Cross-functional engineering teams
- Familiar with Agile practices