Embedded Software Engineer
Our client is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to contribute to the architecture, design, and development of distributed control software within a robotic compounding device. The Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the design and implementation are flexible, robust, and meet the requirements. They will work directly with other engineering disciplines to design, implement, and verify subsystems for a medical device.
Embedded Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Creating and refining structural and logical/algorithmic designs.
- Work in an agile environment implementing software for specific requirements or applications within a medical device environment, following validated development processes.
- Ensuring the software quality through appropriate processes, documentation, and testing.
- Implementing and maintaining software in compliance with associated designs and policies.
- Creating unit, functional, and integration tests and performing root cause analyses for complex features.
- Participate in team retrospectives to improve the software development process
Embedded Software Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or other engineering field of study with programming course work
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience in C++, C#, Java, or other object-oriented language.
- Understanding of industry best practices and processes associated with software development, including technical writing, system documentation, and design document management.
- Demonstrable knowledge of troubleshooting, design methodologies, coding practices, and testing strategies.
Embedded Software Engineer Preferred Experience:
- Machine automation
- Modern C++ development (C++17 standards)
- Low-level embedded systems and “bare metal” coding
- Medical Device software development
- Familiar with Agile practices
- Familiar with Linux development and target environments
For more information on the Embedded Software Engineer please contact Marge: email@example.com or 603-778-9090
Relocation assistance is available; we regret that sponsorship is not available at this time.