Financial Analyst – Cloud and Emerging Technologies
Our Seacoast NH client is looking for a Financial Analyst to support the Financial Controller and IT Director in performing financial analysis of business units and IT-related projects. The Financial Analyst will help build business cases for various cloud technologies as the company plots its course forward amidst the ever-changing IT landscape. The ideal person for this position would have a strong finance and accounting background while having worked closely with and supported an IT department.
- Perform monthly account reconciliation and a variety of general accounting duties, such as reporting on financial metrics, supporting the financial close process, and financial audits.
- Assist managers and project managers in researching and analyzing expenses, with a focus on emerging technologies.
- Analyze financial trends and prepare financial metrics related to unit costs and other financial measures.
- Review business cases related to strategic IT projects and provide financial analysis of cost/benefit results.
Financial Analyst Desired Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years with progressively responsible financial roles focused on accounting and analysis within an IT environment.
- 3+ years as a financial analyst supporting an IT department with various projects related to software development, maintenance, and ongoing IT support.
- Experience preparing cost optimization analysis for cloud-based services.
- Solid knowledge of financial accounting principles, accounts payable, budgets, general accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Proficiency with cost/benefit analysis to support business cases related to cloud hosting, SaaS costs, tool procurement, licensing and maintenance.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to build analytical models that can be used as standard planning tools.
- Familiarity with cloud providers and cloud management services.
- Prior financial experience associated with migration of workloads to the cloud and operational support of the cloud infrastructure, application and data services.
Financial Analyst Preferred Experience
- Working towards a CPA or CMA designation.
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software, Management Reporter and Budget Maestro.
- Experience in assessing cloud expenses and creating unit cost analyses, and managing cost of conversions as well as understanding vendor expense models.
For more information regarding the Financial Analyst position, please contact Randy Barron: email@example.com or 603-778-9090
We regret that sponsorship is not available for this position.