Internal Audit Director
Our Massachusetts client is looking for an Internal Audit Director to drive the organizational design of the department as it transitions from an outsourced model primarily performing SOX testing and functional audits to an internal department that regularly provides business insight to the operations and flexibility to perform special projects. The Internal Audit Director will lead the building of the internal audit function, including but not limited to staffing, establishing goals and objectives and setting of processes and procedures. This includes designing a co-sourced model with a third party firm to handle foreign and technical audits as well as aspects of the SOX program.
Internal Audit Director Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver effective and clear audit reports. As needed, provide leadership for the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Hire, train, motivate, evaluate and retain a team of professional staff, including outsourced staff to meet the audit plan.
- Work with the Controller group to maintain the control design framework of the company’s system of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure that the company complies with the requirements of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). Work with the Controller group and business leaders on standardization of processes and controls globally and assist with the design of controls as the business or processes change.
- Manage, coordinate, review and report out on the execution of SOX testing procedures and activities in support of management’s assessment of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Prepare internal audit updates for the Audit Committee and present to the Committee at quarterly meetings.
- Coordinate the internal audit effort with the Corporation’s external auditors to ensure the most cost effective audit coverage and to minimize duplication of efforts.
- Manage the enterprise risk management (ERM) program and ensure top risks are assessed and mitigated where deemed necessary
- Ensure the internal audit function interfaces with other risk and oversight functions to ensure optimal coverage of the Company’s key business risks.
- Responsible for the functional budget oversight
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required
- Responsible for one or two direct reports and three indirect reports.
Desired Education and Skills for the Internal Audit Director
- Possess a minimum of years 15 years of related experience within accounting, finance, financial and operational performance measurement, and understanding complexities of the development of financial statements in a multi-product global business organization, as well as a significant amount of auditing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance. A Master’s degree in business administration and/or a related professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA) is strongly preferred.
- Experience in building out an internal audit function.
- A thorough understanding of ERP systems and standard computer applications required to operate and communicate effectively within the organization (e.g., MS Office proficiency).
- Travel globally (approximately 20-30% of the year).
- A hands-on, detail-oriented professional with excellent analytical, planning, evaluation, and implementation skills
- Maintain a strong understanding of GAAP.
- Time spent within a “Big 4” public accounting firm within Audit/Assurance is necessary.
- Experience working with manufacturing organizations is necessary.
For more information or to apply for the Internal Audit Director role, please contact Randy Barron: email@example.com or 603-778-9090