IoT Security Architect
Our Massachusetts client is looking for an IoT Security Architect to learn the company’s data protection technology, information systems, and capabilities, and provide security requirements and design and architecture patterns, including processes and tools, to protect data across all platforms.
IoT Security Architect Responsibilities
- Lead the development and guidance during data protection architecture design activities of new and existing products.
- Identify data protection security architecture capabilities and design security architecture patterns to mitigate threats.
- Assess emerging data protection technologies against security architecture to determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or extend capabilities.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams and business units to implement and support existing and future IoT security solutions.
- Determine data protection and database-centric security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, researching information security standards, conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments, and identifying integration issues.
- Act as the subject matter expert with regard to strengths and weaknesses of the data protection systems and recommend improvements to both software and embedded hardware.
IoT Security Architect Requirements
- 3 – 5+ years of experience in system security administration, controls, or information management experience, and/or Security Engineer/Architect/Consultant
- 5+ years of systems architecture experience
- In-depth understanding of IoT Azure solutions and security best practices/governance
- Wrangle the explosion data from the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Able to keep data secure with encryption, KMS, HSM, IAM, Cognito, STS, and more
- Experience with analytic solutions applied to Marketing or Risk needs of enterprises
- End-to-end understanding of the SDLC
- Familiarity with security industry standards (ISO 17799, ISO 27001/2, ISO 31000, NIST 800 series)
- Experienced with core data protection technologies and RDBM platforms
- Experience defining and implementing data protection/ database security; solid understanding of best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
- CISSP, CREA, CEH, CPT, CEPT, CWAPT or other relevant security certifications and knowledge of ISO and NIST security standards preferred
For more information on the IoT Security Architect, please contact Justin Davidson at Justin@compass-sys.com or 603-778-9090