IT Internal Auditor
The IT Internal Auditor works with audit, business, and IT management to identify internal areas or functions needing review, and plans for necessary audits. This position conducts complex reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities. The IT Internal Auditor also evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls over the activities reviewed. The IT Internal Auditor will report findings to business and IT management, and recommend necessary corrective action and process improvements.
IT Internal Auditor Essential Functions
- Independently surveys functions and activities in assigned areas under review to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control in achieving established objectives.
- Plans, or assists in planning, the scope of the audit and the audit program.
- Obtains, analyzes and appraises evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and of internal control
- Makes, or assists in making, oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of examinations; discusses deficiencies, recommends corrective actions, and suggestive improvements
- Monitors ongoing performance of deficient systems or processes and develops updates or modifications to recommendations and findings
- Serves as a starting point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve and ensure timely resolution.
- Provide training or act as a mentor to less experienced team members to improve their understanding and skills. Ensures they are familiar with resource materials including manuals and systems.
IT Internal Auditor Qualifications
- 5-8 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience, or 11-14 years of experience.
- High-level of knowledge and experience with complex IT systems, including mainframe, mid-range and client/server computing platforms, systems development, security and networking
- Strong PC skills including effective use of Microsoft Office and experience with data analytics using CAATs (i.e. ACL).
- Thorough understanding of risks and internal controls, COSO and COBIT frameworks, and professional auditing standards
- Experience in performing reviews of large, corporate-wide system implementations / projects.
- Ability to work with and present information directly to high-level management within all areas and functions in the company
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and travel.
- Healthcare Industry experience required
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or relevant certification preferred
For more information regarding the IT Internal Auditor position, please contact Randy Barron: firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-778-9090
We regret that sponsorship is not available for this position.