Manager of Big Data Software Development
Our client is looking for a Manager of Big Data Software to help develop enterprise-level software using Big Data, Cloud Data Platforms, Machine Learning and Analytics.
Responsibilities of the Manager of Big Data Software
- Provide technical, process and product leadership in software engineering for the cloud data platform.
- Work closely with product owners, quality team, and others to ensure your team meets or exceeds product need and timelines.
- Develop cross-functional project plans to meet release milestones and ensure releases are effectively communicated across the organization.
- Develop, enhance and maintain Agile methodologies
- Drive software best practices, including design, code review and unit test development to ensure maximum software quality.
- Provide employee development, team building and mentoring.
- Responsible for recruiting, motivating, and directing the efforts of the software engineering team.
- Implement the key corporate values of customer focus, accountability, performance and integrity.
Requirements for the Manager of Big Data Software
- Extensive experience developing mission-critical applications for commercial/enterprise markets, including distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
- Deep understanding of big data processing and cloud data platforms
- Experience using Apache Kafka and Apache Spark
- Clear understanding of Agile development practices and the SQA process.
- Demonstrated technical leadership of both people and projects
- Focus on peer mentoring, code reviews, architectural consultancy, and teamwork
- Bachelors degree in CS, IT, or Engineering
- 7+ years’ experience in software development, demonstrating increased levels of responsibility and technical expertise.
- 2+ years’ of technical team management experience
- 2+ years’ experience serving as a technical lead of a software development team.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and SaaS products
- Healthcare industry experience for inpatient settings.
- Experience developing localized systems for worldwide distribution.
For more information or to apply, please contact Marge: firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-778-9090
We regret that visa sponsorship is not available for this position