Our client is looking for a Security Manager to closely collaborate with the VP of IT on expanding and supporting the company’s brand-wide cyber security and compliance programs by working with IT, various business units, and external vendors. Play a key role in managing risks related to cyber security, payment processing, health, and privacy laws and regulations. Assist in managing various aspects of the cyber security program including but not limited to the evaluation of systems, applications, data classification, vulnerability scanning, incident response, policies, and training.
This is a highly collaborative role which will assist in setting the overall direction of the company’s cyber security posture.
Security Program Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Closely collaborate with the VP of IT on a variety of security related issues, designs, reviews, programs, and security solution implementations.
- Assist with critical IT projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project and development lifecycles.
- Execute day-to-day deliverables that support ongoing compliance needs related to cyber security, PCI, HIPAA, and privacy regulations.
- Assist in evaluating and implementing security solutions and controls such as intrusion detection software, SIEMs, data encryption, data backup and recovery, etc. with the assistance of internal staff and external vendors.
- Perform periodic reviews and provide feedback on security related policies and procedures, mandatory cyber security and PCI online training programs. Develop additional policies and procedures as needed.
- Track vulnerabilities that could affect business operations or introduce additional risk to the organization.
- Assist in defining, creating, and supporting company-wide security KPIs for executive management reporting
- Monitor and understand changes in regulations and standards adapting company protocols and standards to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Provide consultation and support to franchise technology resources on defined security standards and practices.
- Perform incident management response across the enterprise and provide root cause analysis and post-mortem analysis to drive process improvements.
Security Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and/or combination of directly related work experience commensurate to 5 years’ experience in program management focusing on information security and IT compliance (PCI, SOX).
- Strong understanding of security frameworks such as NIST and COBIT.
- Knowledge of network routing, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, internet filtering, anti-virus technology, application security, secure email gateways and PCI compliant environments.
- Technical knowledge and experience in network architecture, design, configuration and implementation.
- Experience evaluating compliance controls across security technologies and architecture.
- Experience in development environments.
- Experience with multiple information technology systems: (Dell SonicWALL firewalls, latest versions of Windows Server, Windows 7/8/10, Active Directory, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, VPN).
- Knowledge of operation risk assessment methodology, penetration testing, mitigation development, monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to work off-hours and provide on-call support as needed.
- CISA, CISM, CGEITC or equivalent certifications strongly preferred.
For more information or to apply for the Security Manger position, please contact Marge: firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-778-9090