Senior Controls Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Controls Engineer to join their team. The Controls Engineer position is principally responsible for the controls engineering and support of ultra-precision machine systems for the electro-optics manufacturing industry. This position will apply Newtonian physics to motion control problems, arriving at optimal solutions based on commercially available motion controllers, motors, amplifiers and feedback products. The Controls Engineer is expected to be a subject matter expert and mentor less senior engineers. The Controls Engineer will have the ability to define and resolve complex problems. Typical projects are a combination of new development, maintenance, and revision of existing applications.
Controls Engineer Core Responsibilities:
- Subject matter expert with thorough knowledge of the controls engineering discipline.
- Solve complex controls problems using accepted engineering practices.
- Ability to lead large products.
- Develop new feedback techniques to enhance product performance while maintaining cost effectiveness.
- Conceptualize and engineer new, unique controls systems that meet customer requirements.
- Apply controls theory for servo tuning in both the time and frequency domain using Bode and/or Nyquist analysis to maximize servo performance while maintaining robust stability.
- Identify disturbance sources and attempt to mitigate using servo gains and/or other damping techniques.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress.
- Actively participate in product design reviews and work directly with the engineering staff to develop cost effective solutions.
- Interface with engineers and technicians of the other business units to help coordinate overall technical activities wherever appropriate and desirable.
- Ensure that all relevant data is collected, reviewed, and filed for all projects in accordance with standard procedures.
- Prepare and present detailed technical reports to management and staff.
- Write / publish papers and present at relevant conferences when mutually agreed upon with management.
- Contribute to written instruction and operation manuals for company products.
- Perform in-house technical support.
- Help to achieve the completion of all projects within budget and on schedule.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
Controls Engineer Required Education and Experience :
- Master’s degree in Controls Engineering from an accredited university and 7+ years of work experience, or a Doctorate in Controls Engineering plus 3+ years of work experience.
- Demonstrated versatility and high competency levels in creativity and technical comprehension.
- Experience with servo loop motion controllers.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite
To apply for this position, please contact Marge at email@example.com or 603-778-9090