AS400 RPG Developer/Analyst
We currently have an exciting contract opportunity for an experienced IBM iSeries / AS400 RPG Developer/Analyst. This individual will be responsible for supporting existing systems, engaging in new development for projects and contribute to future design plans.
There is a good chance for this contract to extend beyond its initial term.
AS400 RPG Developer/Analyst Responsibilities:
- Support existing systems that manage programs, processes and data involved in the manufacturing process using AS400 RPG
- Work with the other Developers to support and develop programs, interfaces, reports, data load, etc. as identified by the business team’s needs.
- Quickly analyze and debug issues
- Work with the other developers and business team members to develop test scenarios and build out test cases to provide a quality deliverable, both unit and system testing levels
- Work with both the end user community as well as the business teams to meet goals and deadlines for projects and support work
AS400 RPG Qualifications:
- 5+ years of professional development experience in support, design and programming with AS400 RPG
- Strong understanding of native RPG
- Experience with iSeries M4 very helpful
- Experience with SQL, Queries, Web Services
- Experience with Showcase Report Writer
- Demonstrated ability to properly document and maintain documentation for software changes according to coding standards
- Possess excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to identify problems and deliver efficient and effective solutions even beyond own tasks
- Be a self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision and understand shifting priorities while still providing overall expected deliverables
All work must be performed on-site. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents.
For more information about the AS400 RPG Developer/Analyst position, please contact Marge: email@example.com or 603-778-9090