Our Massachusetts client is looking for an accomplished Bioinformatics Data Engineer who will work with various science groups in the development and support of out-of-the-box and customized informatics solutions to support scientific innovation, through workflows optimization, data capture strategies, implementation and integration of a broad range of methods and platforms. This is a contract position, renewable in one-year increments.
Bioinformatics Data Engineer Responsibilities
- Work as part of the Discovery Informatics (DI) team to develop and maintain strategies for application deployment and scientific data management practices
- Provide and coordinate day-to-day support of research applications including training, ongoing account administration, and managing issue resolution with vendors
- Collaborate with IT in following best practices for AWS and on-premise application install, support and maintenance
- Work closely with scientists to identify gaps in Informatics solutions, and find/implement innovative solutions, and data integrations from automation platforms
- Develop and execute test plans, record results, and prioritize bugs and fixes for configurations and applications
- Design, implement, support, and maintain (upgrade, migration, bug fixes) of scientific applications and systems.
- Develop and maintain application training documentation
Bioinformatics Data Engineer Qualifications
- Degree in the life sciences, engineering or computer science with a demonstrated understanding of biological and assay execution workflows, ideally with hands-on laboratory experience in drug development or early clinical phase in a biopharma environment
- 6+ years of experience supporting research Informatics systems at the admin and systems admin level; preferred experience with scientific LIMS preferably IDBS E-Workbook, Perkin-Elmer ELN, or data analysis tool Certara D360.
- Conversant with assays in a range of formats including biochemical inhibition and activation, cellular and phenotypic screening, in-well kinetic, and ranging from manual to fully-automated HTS
- SQL and software development experience; experience with AWS preferred
- Ability to transform and analyze large datasets in Unix/Linux environment through a variety of methods; comfortable with basic scripting to support data transformation prototyping and able to implement application-level scripts
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documentation, and to generate internal process and training documentation.
- Strong customer service, problem solving and communication skills
- Good understanding of requirements gathering in the R&D space
For more information on the Bioinformatics Data Engineer position, please contact Justin Davidson: Justin@compass-sys.com or call 603-778-9090 and ask for Justin.