Cyber Security Engineer – MA – 0735
Our Northern MA client has need for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer. The ideal candidate has strong skills in securing VDI solutions, hosted shared desktops, and cloud-hosted apps.
Cyber Security Engineer Responsibilities
- Evaluating new security technologies, hardware, and software, and maintains various toolsets including IPS/IDS systems, Security Information and Event Management Systems, Anti-Virus, etc.
- Assist in the prompt investigation of security incidents and be prepared to isolate and remediate incidents pursuant to established procedures.
- Drive the integration and ongoing monitoring of Network/Infrastructure system events and alerts into SecOps.
Cyber Security Engineer Requirements
- 3+ years work experience in IT Security
- Experience with security-relevant data including TCP/IP network protocols, application layer protocols (e.g., HTTP, SMTP, and DNS), and security-relevant host and network logs.
- Previous experience on hunt teams, cyber threat intelligence, incident response, or security operations teams.
- Proficiency in cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure
- Familiarity with Hosted Email Security Solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of security monitoring tools and SIEMS.
- Understanding of Lockheed Martin Cyber Kill Chain.
- Background in VPNs configurations, Cryptographic controls, certificate/key management
- Results oriented, self-motivated, with effective oral/written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Certification and expertise in Penetration Testing, OSCP, CISA, CISSP, GIAC, or other related certifications preferred
For more information about this position or to apply, please contact Justin: Justin@compass-sys.com