DevOps Engineer – VA – 0736
Our VA client is looking for a DevOps Engineer to coordinate and manage the entrance of new hardware and software into the IT computing environment and define the process for release package assembly, version control, migration control, release preparation and acceptance, communication and installation.
This is a permanent position not eligible for C2C or C2H situations.
Responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer:
- Independently plans and delivers specific functionality within their expertise.
- Presents and defends the work to the team or other organizations.
- Collaborates using open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Develop best practices-based version control CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT, etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Perform configuration management for applications running on all environments and manage the production release process that ensures the reliability and availability of the platform
- Maintain up-to-date and relevant play books and documentation in support of the different platforms/programs
- Contribute in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (eg: Puppet, Shell scripting), software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VMWare, Puppet, Chef, etc)
Qualifications for the DevOps Engineer:
- 5+ years of hands-on AWS development experience using Python, Java, node.js and scripting.
- 5+ years of work experience with AWS code pipeline, AWS deployment automation, AWS Service Catalog.
- Must be familiar with working in a Federated Access AWS environment.
- Understanding of information security scanning and monitoring tools.
- Familiar with DataSunrise, Guardium or Varonis is a plus.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with implementation methodologies
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; Ability to build and deliver presentations to all levels of the business and effectively explain complex issues and concepts in simple, understandable language
- Effective oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
For more information or to apply to the DevOps Engineer, please email: email@example.com