Hardware Mission Assurance Project Engineer
Perform the project engineering and management required to execute the Mission Assurance (MA) baseline. Responsible for identifying risks and threats to a successful mission for programs. Support the planning, delegating and the delivery of all hardware MA-related artifacts on the program. These analyses ensure that the design has sufficient performance margins, failure-recovery capabilities, resiliency, and high pedigree upon test-completion, such that mission success is achieved.
Hardware Mission Assurance Project Engineer Responsibilities
- Prime responsibility is to support assigned program(s) to be planned and executed to meet Mission Assurance (MA) requirements using standard processes. This is accomplished via execution of program-unique Mission Assurance plan(s) through each of the assigned MA functional disciplines.
- Responsible for receiving (e.g. customer contract, MAR, TOR), clarifying, negotiating, decomposing, allocating (via subcontract SOWs, SMAS and support to EDTS) and ultimately verifying compliance to all assurance-related contractual customer requirements on a program, through delegation to a team of Systems Assurance subject matter experts.
- Responsible for supporting the planning, developing and delivering all MA-related CDRLs or SDRLs per the SOW and contract on the program.
- Supports project decisions regarding Quality Assurance from project initiation through final delivery.
- Supports identifying, evaluating, and reporting all risks to the “mission” (current and residual) on the program, including those that result from failures and deviations, to the prescribed risk threshold.
- Must be capable of planning and establishing derived requirements with or without customer specifications for successful Mission Assurance efforts and tasks on space programs containing electronic, electrical, optical, software, and mechanical subsystems.
Hardware Mission Assurance Project Engineer Actions:
- Providing effective Mission Assurance discipline expert oversight and direction.
- Active participation in design, production/test readiness, and other reviews and audits with the ability to make risk-informed decisions for Mission and Quality Assurance.
- Taking a lead role in the identification, mitigation, and communication of MA drivers and risk.
- Formally present information and communicate effectively as required
- Providing leadership for Failure Review Board (FRB) activities.
- Foster trusted advisor relationships with Program Management, other program team leads, and on-site customers. Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the company.
- Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Developing/maintaining metrics to measure task activity progress and product quality.
- Scheduling, budgeting, and milestone monitoring; reviewing technical reports to assure technical and contractual compliance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS degree or higher in engineering or a related technical field, 8+ years related experience.
- Must be a US Citizen
For more information, contact Marge: email@example.com