Our Central NH client is looking to bring on a Senior IT Systems Engineer. This role will be responsible for designing and implementing secure, reliable technology solutions that meet the needs of the organization.
Unusually excellent benefit package!
This direct hire role is open to US Citizens or Permanent Residents only. We regret C2C is not an option.
- Design, implement and manage network and server infrastructure that meets the performance, security and resiliency needs of the organization.
- Design, implement and manage endpoint infrastructure and processes to deploy, maintain and secure the organization’s PCs and mobile devices.
- Design, implement and manage cloud infrastructure in Azure and AWS.
- Design, implement and manage secure and reliable Microsoft 365 services.
- Design, document and continuously improve IT operations processes and procedures.
- Design, implement and manage backup and recovery tools and processes.
- Improve the efficiency of IT operations through automation and orchestration.
- Support the Service Desk by providing 2nd level technical support and coordinating 3rd level technical support with vendors.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of IT hardware, software, and contracts.
- Participate in strategic and budgetary planning
- Participate in the Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Prepare business cases for IT projects
- Promote technical excellence by coaching and training more junior team members.
- Support Technology Manager in team operations and support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise IT technologies, including Microsoft Windows Server, Dell/EMC, Active Directory, Microsoft 365, VMware, and Cisco.
- Thorough knowledge of cloud technologies such as Azure and AWS and experience with implementing cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge of and commitment to security best practices and principles; familiarity with cybersecurity frameworks such as CIS and NIST.
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles and practices.
- Competent with scripting and automation tools such as Git, Azure DevOps, PowerShell, Ansible and Terraform.
- Exceptional analytical thinking as demonstrated by ability to troubleshoot difficult problems.
- Exceptional attention to detail as demonstrated by thorough and careful planning and execution of IT projects and changes.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement as demonstrated by technical excellence, curiosity, willingness to learn from mistakes, and desire to teach others.
- Excellent writing skills as demonstrated in clear and concise written business communications and technical documentation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills as demonstrated in effective communications with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by positive relationships with team members, customers, and stakeholders.
- Effectively manages time, tasks and priorities of self and others. Demonstrates effective project management skills.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, humility, and desire to learn constantly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline such as Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Relevant technical or security certifications are desired.
- 8-10 years experience in IT system administration.
For more information or to apply please contact email@example.com