Manufacturing Quality Engineer
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer evaluates manufacturing technological capability to meet required design, quality, and material specifications. Be the leader in process development and capability including audits by identifying and developing a measurement process for approving.
This is a salaried position slightly north of New York City.
- Support Manufacturing group to improve cost, quality, and throughput.
- Develop tactical cell-level and plant-level metrics for operations
- Perform quality audits on finished units and work in process.
- Maintain logs and records in accordance with Quality System requirements.
- Perform visual and mechanical inspections on parts and work in process for compliance to ASME & UL standards
- Participate in Material Review Boards for the disposition of non-conforming products.
- Maintain the Quality System Plan and Production System
- Monitor and perform tasks according to the calibration procedure.
- Revise the TQCs to reflect quality problems found in production/field.
- Process Non-Conforming Product (NCP) reports on company computer system; actively participate in the review and disposition of non-conforming materials.
- Evaluate company’s process for quality and productivity improvements and implement necessary changes.
- Prepare a weekly report to illustrate all audits conducted and appropriate corrective action defined
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 7+ years of quality engineering experience in the manufacturing industry
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis & Corrective/Preventative Action Plans
- Highly skilled in Project Management
- Experience with Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) using 8D or 5Y
- Experience with ASME Codes & Standards
- Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal skills, leadership skills and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint including developing graphs and presentations.
- Experience with Fluid Handling components & systems
For more information or to apply, please contact Marge: firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-778-9090