Manufacturing Quality Manager
As a Manufacturing Quality Manager, be a key member of the site leadership team. This is a salaried position in North Carolina.
Manufacturing Quality Manager Responsibilities:
- Manages, improves and maintains the Quality Business System:
- Management representative for the ISO 9001 Certification Program;
- Develop and deploy quality initiatives ensuring success of business goals and objectives;
- Provides leadership for continuous improvement and overall management of the company’s Quality Business System ensuring compliance with corporate requirements, current ISO 9001 requirements and all other applicable quality standards;
- Manage the Internal Audit Process;
- Manage the Corrective and Preventive Action System.
- Production Quality
- Provides the new product development and strategic business units with the appropriate resources to execute initiatives (procedures, identifying critical to quality requirements, sampling and quality plans, certifications);
- Coordinate product testing support for the organization;
- Oversee capability studies on manufacturing equipment, completes equipment installation run-offs, gage R&R studies, process FMEA efforts, and DOE activities.
- Supplier Quality
- Completes Supplier/Customer capability assessments;
- Interfaces with Materials Management.
- Regulatory Certification
- Maintains an understanding of all certifying agency standards that are applicable to the company’s products; coordinate and receive external agency inspection audits;
- Validates certification testing to ensure compliance and approval from governing bodies (ANSI, CSA, NSF, UL) as required;
- Support domestic or international Codes and Standards activities as required.
- Quality Management Support
- Leads the In-Process and Supplier Material Review Board Meetings;
- Actively participates in Lean Daily Management and CIOS meetings.
- Continuous Improvement Processes
- Manages quality related Continuous Improvement Processes including Green and Black Belt programs and Lean Kaizen events
Manufacturing Quality Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering, manufacturing, or business area
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering, lean, six sigma and quality principles, concepts, practices, and theories
- 5-7 years experience with the use and implementation of Total Quality concepts in a manufacturing environment
- 5-7 years management experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5-7 years Six Sigma experience and training. MBB, BB, or GB certification preferred
- Prior experience with the implementation and use of Lean Tools, Statistical Process Control, and Advanced Analytical Techniques
- Computer proficiency on Microsoft Office and statistical packages (Minitab preferred)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, or other design related software
- Experience in basic Metrology and Calibration
- Ability to work with Customer/Supplier representatives for all quality related issues
- Excellent organizational skills with focus on detail
For more information or to apply, please contact Marge: firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-778-9090