Modeling and Simulation Software Engineer
Our Dayton, OH client is looking for a Modeling and Simulation Software Engineer to support aerospace technologies research. Work in a dynamic environment, with state of the art simulation technologies, simulation integration experts and military Subject Matter Experts (SME). The work focuses on the integration of multiple software additions and enhancements to an existing modeling and simulation framework and may include both stand-alone constructive and distributed virtual simulation development efforts.
Due to the sensitivity of customer-related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Modeling and Simulation Essential Job Functions:
- Interact directly with high-level customers or clients in broad areas of program management and execution.
- Provide high-level technical guidance to engineers, managers and customers or clients.
- Review and develop system architectures; select and implement appropriate development and support tools to ensure product performance.
- Perform software component and system integration tests for adherence to specifications.
- Apply software best practices (version control, documentation, etc.) for all developed and modified software.
- Potentially manage complex projects.
- Some short-term intermittent travel may be required.
Modeling and Simulation Required Skills
- Proficiency developing in C/C++
- Proficiency developing software with the Visual Studio integrated development environment
- Experience with any LINUX OS.
- Experience developing with Java or C#.
- Experience with CMake.
- Experience with version control tools.
- Knowledge and experience with Modeling & Simulation (M&S) environments (constructive and virtual) and/or Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MS&A) concepts.
- Domain knowledge in an engineering discipline relating to Aerospace (e.g., Aero, G&C, EE).
- Familiarity with modern military systems, both foreign and domestic.
- Active US DoD security clearance a plus.
- A BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and at least 12 years of related experience. (Candidates with advanced degrees or varying experience may be considered for alternative positions)
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government background investigation and must be eligible to attain a U.S. DoD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to work well in team environments.
- Ability to travel, if needed.
For more information, please contact Justin at Justin@compass-sys.com or call 603-778-9090.