Our central NH client is looking to bring on a Senior Network Engineer to design, implement and support a network and voice infrastructure that provides secure, reliable communications for their information systems and employees.
- Install, configure, and maintain network switches for the IT and OT office network.
- Install, configure, and maintain wide area network (WAN) office equipment including routers and firewalls.
- Install, configure, and maintain office wireless network infrastructure.
- Configure and maintain remote access and site-to-site VPN connectivity.
- Configure and maintain voice-over-IP (VOIP) systems.
- Proactively monitor and troubleshoot networking availability and performance.
- Maintain accurate inventory of network equipment, connections, circuits, and locations.
- Manage support agreements for network equipment.
- Promote and adhere to industry best practices for data center management for clean, organized racks and cabling.
- Participate in network design and implementation.
- Improve the efficiency of IT operations through automation and orchestration.
- Support the Service Desk by providing 2nd level technical support and coordinating 3rd level technical support with vendors.
- Ensure network equipment configuration adheres to required security controls.
- Document and continuously improve and automate IT network operations processes.
- Expand personal knowledge and skills through regular training and certifications.
- Participate in planning and budgeting.
- Promote technical excellence by collaborating with other network administrators and coaching more junior team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of network concepts such as TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP and IPSec.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cisco IOS administration for routers and switches.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cisco firewall administration including Cisco ASA and Cisco FirePower.
- Working knowledge of datacenter management tools and techniques including cable and rack management.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Identify Services Engine (ISE)
- Competent at creating physical, logical and flow diagrams in Microsoft Visio.
- Basic awareness of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and network automation principles and practices.
- Competent with scripting and automation tools such as Git, Python and Ansible.
- Attention to detail as demonstrated by thorough and careful planning and execution of IT projects and changes.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement as demonstrated by technical excellence, curiosity, willingness to learn from mistakes, and desire to teach others.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent writing skills as demonstrated in clear and concise written business communications and technical documentation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills as demonstrated in effective communications with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by positive relationships with team members, customers, and stakeholders.
- Effectively manages time, tasks and priorities of self and others. Demonstrates effective project management skills.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, humility, and desire to learn constantly.
- 3-8 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related IT field preferred. CCNA strongly preferred.
- CCNA strongly preferred.
For more information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org