Our central NH power industry client is looking for a Senior Data Analyst. Reporting to the Vice President, the Senior Data Analyst collaborates with, performs business and data analysis for, and provides assistance to the various departments and other business units. The Data Analyst uses statistical tools, probability theory, statistical modeling, data visualization, predicative analytics, and other data analysis techniques to monitor, analyze, forecast, provide insights and reports.
This is a direct hire role, with salary and benefits, open to US Citizens and Permanent Residents. The role also has an amazing and lucrative pension plan.
Top Skills Required
- Experience with analytical data modeling, statistical analysis, data visualization, data transformation, machine learning and computer programming is required.
- Supports the strategic goals of the organization by assisting in the process of achieving Balanced Scorecard objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Supports the cultural goals of the organization by exhibiting self-leadership, developing and maintaining effective working relationships within the department and with external partners, consultants, and vendors, having a results orientation, being innovative, and seeking feedback.
- Responsible for maintenance and integrity of department and corporate data, files, and databases. Designs and maintains data systems and databases. Creates and manages data backups and restorations.
- Organizes and conducts business analysis requirements gathering sessions. Defines and documents the scope of work, a detailed requirements definition, and implementation processes.
- Provides data library references by writing and maintaining user documentation.
- Increases professional and technical knowledge by attending educational classes, conferences, reading professional magazines, and participating in professional societies in areas of electricity demand and resources and other related areas.
- Assist with the maintenance of power resources, transmission and access cost, and quantity historical and forecast data. Proposes solutions to more effectively process and store historical and forecast data.
- Assists with the provision of information and analysis for developing power and demand resources, and regional access rates by maintaining current information, and keeping forecast data current, by staying abreast of information, and news that could impact power and regional access costs. Also, assists with development of long–term and short-term forecasts and budget information relative to the department’s areas of responsibility.
- Ensures adherence to the organization’s and the department’s risk management policies, procedures, and practices. Assists in the development and implementation of meaningful risk management procedures and processes related to the department’s functions.
- Provides analysis and advice as requested or required in relation to the department’s own functions and as may be needed in relation to other areas of the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess an in-depth conceptual and working knowledge of data analysis tools, data visualization tools, data mining tools and data analysis theory and techniques.
- Effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and through prepared reports illustrating insights.
- Capable of meeting established organization goals through development and implementation of policies, practices, and procedures.
- Possess strong system analysis skills, programming, database, and Excel skills.
- Experience programming and/or scripting in popular data science languages such as python, R, MatLab, SQL or C/C++.
- Ability to analyze financial and energy data and develop detailed plans and forecasts.
- Good working knowledge of data modeling processes, algorithm creation, predictive models, data science techniques, trend identification, data mining and statistical modeling.
- Interest in Transactive Energy Business Models, Distributed Energy Resource (DERs), electric rates, cost of service analysis and energy equity is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Business Administration, or relevant field required.
For more information or to apply, please contact email@example.com