Our NH client is looking for a creative and visionary Software Engineer who can design, build, implement, and support software applications that will work with and challenge the limitations of physics, as we understand them today. This Software Engineer will be working with the epitome of cutting-edge electro-optical machine software. This includes creating and maintaining UI controls, machine software, programming software (CAD / CAM) and modeling software. Typical projects are a combination of new development, maintenance, and revision of existing applications.
This is a permanent position, not open to C2C or C2H or visa sponsorship.
Software Engineer Core Responsibilities
- Design and develop C# based .NET solutions for engineering software applications.
- Create front-end Ul’s using WPF and MVVM design pattern.
- Develop and maintain C++/CLI back-end libraries.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously; meet deadlines while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress.
- Document technical designs using flow charts, class diagrams, data flow diagrams, descriptive software component documentation etc. as required.
- Perform unit testing and resolve issues / bugs by debugging and troubleshooting the code.
- Write / publish papers and present at relevant conferences when mutually agreed upon with management.
- Prepare written instruction and operation manuals for developed software packages.
- Perform customer and in-house technical support.
- Help to achieve the completion of all projects within budget and on schedule.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
- Perform other related duties as assigned in accordance with overall job responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited university and 10+ years of work experience, or a Masters’ degree in Computer Science and 5+ years of work experience.
- Significant expertise in C#, WPF, and MVVM design pattern; able to design and develop new applications
- Knowledge of C++ and CLI sufficient to maintain back-end libraries.
- Demonstrated versatility and high competency levels in problem solving, creativity, and technical comprehension.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written skills; able to articulate ideas and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical partners at various levels.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a group.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
For more information or to apply, please contact Justin: Justin@compass-sys.com