Software QA Engineer
Our Massachusetts client is looking for a Software QA Engineer to join their team. The QA Engineer will plan and perform software quality activities to ensure release readiness for customer and quality expectations.
Software QA Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Defines overall software verification design approach (test architecture /design) and structure for broad, comprehensive features.
- Creates, revises, and executes test plans and test cases (automated/white box/black box). Works directly with developers to ensure requirement implementation/verification correctness and to review test case coverage.
- Writes software defect reports. Identifies and records the exact sequence of activities that were performed to produce software malfunctions.
- Reviews defect reports submitted into the defect tracking database for validity.
- Reviews requirement specifications (system, software functional) for correctness against test design and test cases
- Submits change requests against the software when requirements are incorrect. Evaluates, investigates, and implements fixes to defects in automated/white box test code
- Maintains test environment, which includes needed supplies and necessary maintenance.
- Follows project and corporate plans, standards, and procedures to perform verification.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Software QA Engineer Desired Knowledge & Experience
- BS degree plus at least 2 years of experience; degree should be in a technical discipline (Chemistry, Math, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science).
- Software engineering practice and software testing methodologies.
- Ability to operate instrumentation and develop automated tests
- Ability to administer engineering tools: configuration, requirements, and defect management.
For more information on the Software QA Engineer please contact Justin at Justin@compass-sys.com or call 603-778-9090 and ask for Justin.
Please note: this is a permanent position; neither relocation nor visa sponsorship is provided. Third-party resumes are not accepted.