Our Bangor, Maine client is looking for a VMware professional to set up, organize, manage and support data center virtualization using VMware’s vSphere environment. This engineer must have hands-on working experience with vSphere implementation. They should be conversant with VMware vSphere and related technologies.
The Engineer must demonstrate a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of network virtualization. This professional manages and configures various technologies to maximize the virtual infrastructure. They will address issues related to the Microsoft Windows or Linux Operating systems. These certified technicians possess expertise in VMware core components and their relation to storage and networking.
VMware Engineer is intended to help design, develop and deploy both traditional computing infrastructures and virtual infrastructures. The engineer should understand and resolve issues related to virtualization. They will take care of installing, configuring, and monitoring of VMware vSphere and related technologies.
This engineer will also manage and have a proper understanding of the functionality in VMware. They will be responsible for the executive setup and will arrange and monitor ESXi networking and storage as well as other vCenter Server components and include:
- Monitor the resource usage and increases scalability with the help of vCenter Server
- Apply ESX/ESXi patches and to oversee higher availability and data protection.
- Organize vNetwork, Distributed Switches, arrange VLAN settings, vSS, and vDS Policies
- Deploys Shared Storage and the Storage Virtual Appliance (SVA) for vSphere
- Migrate VMs, and backup or restore Virtual Machines.
- Perform basic troubleshooting for the vSphere Network, Storage and ESXi Hosts
- Monitor vSphere implementation and administer vCenter Server Alarms
- Provide documentation all of configuration and changes
- Build in and execute contingency plans as and when it is necessary
Other Job Responsibilities
- Assist with the IT ticket queue as needed
- Perform IT related maintenances
- Participate in IT On-call rotation
- Develop project plans and gather relevant requirements
- Maintain a high-level of communication, both written and verbal, with various ticket and project stakeholders
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, MIS
- Minimum of VMware Certified Professional (VCP) required
- Minimum of 5 years of VMware engineer experience
- Microsoft certifications highly desired
- vSAN, SAN and NAS experience required
- ITIL training or experience a plus
- Microsoft 365 experience a plus